Skip to main content

Police post images of 7 people suspected of beating gay man at DC McDonald’s

[connatix_element_embed script_id=330626c0479a45bcb0a528e91fe32868 player_id=7bc491b4-922b-4e8d-b1b1-150648e80442 video_id=f5b400d7-3cb0-4ea6-8777-9f6f2cbe79ac align=right]

D.C. Police have released surveillance camera images of seven people accused in a suspected hate crime attack on a gay man two weeks ago.

Sebastian Thomas Robles Lascarro, 22, was beaten up by a group of people inside the U Street McDonald’s location on Oct. 27 around 1 a.m.

He had stopped by the fast food restaurant to get a quick bite after a night out at bars nearby, but decided to leave because of the long lines. As he headed toward the door, a young woman screamed at him, allegedly saying that, “He needed to watch where the f— he was going, and to say, ‘excuse me,’” his husband, Stuart West, told WTOP last week.

Police are investigating the assault as potentially being motivated by hate or bias.

The police incident report says Lascarro was attacked following an argument, and indicates the attackers used a gay slur against him while assaulting him with their hands, fists and feet.

While Lascarro was on the sidewalk outside the restaurant, he tried to FaceTime call his husband and accidentally filmed a clip of trash and drinks being dumped on him.

Lascarro received non-life-threatening injuries in the attack and is set to make a full recovery.

The Metropolitan Police Department is asking for the public’s helping in finding those involved in the attack. Police are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2024 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

Clear bags only, TSA-style screening and what to know ahead of the Freedom 250 Grand Prix

The U.S. Secret Service wants those heading to the Freedom 250 Grand Prix what to expect when they go through the security checkpoints Sunday. Tara McLeese, special agent in charge of the Secret Service Washington Field Office, told WTOP that they've been working for months on the plan to secure the venue for the event as a presidential site. "Our mission is to ensure the safety of every Secret Service protectee while also ensuring a swift screening and access for thousands of ticketed attendees," she said. She said they're expecting President Donald Trump, several members of his family, and several members of the cabinet at the Grand Prix. 
Read Next Story