Skip to main content

Alexandria man found guilty of shooting at wheelchair user in DC

A man from Alexandria, Virginia, was found guilty Wednesday in D.C. court for shooting at a man in a wheelchair in Northwest last summer, according to federal prosecutors.

The U.S Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia said that a jury found 39-year-old Richard Nduba guilty of assault with a dangerous weapon and another gun-related charge for firing multiple shots at the man who was sitting outside of a Walmart on H Street in August 2022.



Around 7 p.m. on Aug. 10, 2022, prosecutors said that Nduba and the victim, a friend of his, had gotten into an argument. The victim went to take a phone call near Walmart’s loading dock after the argument ended, at which point Nduba circled the block in his rental SUV and fired two shots at the victim “in broad daylight,” according to prosecutors.

Nduba stopped shooting when the victim acted as if he had been shot, despite both bullets missing. A bullet hole was later found in Walmart’s loading dock door, next to where the victim had been sitting.

Nduba is scheduled for sentencing on April 21.

WTOP rides shotgun at 140 mph on DC’s Freedom 250 Grand Prix course

Less than 24 hours before the first checkered flag waves at the Freedom 250 Grand Prix in D.C., drivers got a chance Friday to put the 1.7-mile street course through its paces. WTOP got to ride shotgun in a 670-horsepower Chevrolet Corvette Z06, reaching about 140 mph on the streets surrounding the National Mall. Behind the wheel was Ken Morris, General Motors' senior vice president of product programs, product safety and motor sports. “Oh, inspiring!” Morris said after the run. “D.C. is such a phenomenal place. I'm starstruck by it every time I'm here and to be able to have a track in the middle of it is fantastic.”
Read Next Story